Friday, December 23, 2011

Snowflake brownies

I first made a batch of brownies (8 exactly to give as Christmas gifts to family members) and let them cool completely.

While the brownies were cooling, I cut out 9 cardstock snowflakes at 2" from Cricut Winter Lace  cartridge. I poked a small hole in each to put a toothpick in. The toothpicks were really just for me to be able to pick the snowflakes off the brownies with out smudging the powdered sugar.

After I placed my snowflakes, I used a sifter to sprinkle the powdered sugar over top of the brownies. I then used the toothpicks and removed the snowflakes carefully. Voila!! I think they turned out very well.  (FYI- the thicker edged snowflakes had better definition than the frillier ones.)
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and read each one :)